So, I am with my friends at work trying to figure out how we are going to pull off a marketing presentation. All over sudden everyone is quiet and dull, and a thought comes to my mind “why don’t I treat them for some lunch to brighten up their mood.”
Related articles about Chicken Breast Panda Express
As we gather to go lunch, some excuse themselves since they have packed lunch and are left in the office eating. My bestie and I head out for a meal. Usually, the first thing that comes to our mind when we think of a fast food is panda express, restaurant, a walking distance from where we work.
As we are walking down the street, we start talking about the great achievement we have made of losing weight since we started eating right. my bestie said, “I don’t eat carb past 3 o’clock, I drink a lot of water and count my calories always” and I agree with her since I do that too.
As we enter the door to the restaurant, one thing stands out, the aroma of the food in the place. It makes you want to taste everything they have to offer. My friend and I had a pack of no cheating when it comes to losing weight so we restrain ourselves.
We take the menu to have a look, we don’t have to scroll a lot for what we want to eat, I usually go for low carb meal and the food I go for here are the broccoli chicken when I want to have chicken and for beef, I go for broccoli beef. I tend to keep off from pork, noodles, and rice.
My friend comes up with a suggestion of sharing a meal of string bean broccoli chicken breast and I was like “wait a minute, how come I have never tasted the meal? How low are the calories in the dish?”. To my surprise, the meal was low in calories and very delicious, we enjoyed.
As we walk back to the office full and happy, I decided to know more about the meal. I mean, it was breathtaking and to my surprise low in calories and what is even more interesting is that one cook can serve to. I guess I will surprise my friend with a homemade one when she comes to visit.
What I found out
First, panda express has a variety of foods to choose from in their menu. The chef is always there to make sure what you order is served in the best way they can. They also try to cater to people with all types of preferences including having low carb meals.
Yes, unlike other fast foods where there is nothing you can call healthy in them, at panda, they give you a chance of choosing the kind of meal you want by stating the amount of calories in each food, that way you know what amount of calories you are taking each time you have a meal.
The string bean chicken breast is a mouthwatering meal found on their menu. It is light, simple and delicious, something that you can have without worries if the calories in it. that is because just like the broccoli and the mushroom chicken, the calories are low enough for your daily count.
The meal may seem to have a lot of ingredients but that is not the case. The main one is lean boneless chicken breast packed it a lot of green beans and bell pepper. The chicken breast is pre-marinated to enhance the taste.
As I got more and more interested in the meal, I had to quench my curiosity by looking at how the menu is made. I had to know whether I can pull it off at home or I just must stick with the panda express one. Here is what I found about the ingredients for cooking the string bean chicken breast
For you to make sure you are fast and less messy in the process of making the meal, it is advisable that you look at the ingredients and make sure that you have all of them in one place. This will avoid you from being all Ove the kitchen. This is what you need;
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch.
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce.
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil.
- 1 small boneless and skinless chicken breast cut in strips.
- I tablespoon
- ½ a cup of chopped onions.
- ½ a cup of water
- 2 cloves garlic that is minced.
- 6 ounces of green beans trimmed into halves.
- ½ red bell pepper diced into ½ inch square.
- Salt to taste.
All the ingredients are easily available at your grocery store, so you will not have to hustle a lot for them. Now that you know the ingredients, let me take you through the whole process of cooking and you will see just how easy it is to make the meal.
Step to step procedure of making the meal
- First, you need to marinate the chicken. This is done by taking a small bowl and I it mixes the corn stark, soy sauce, sugar, soy sauce and the e sesame oil.
- In a disposable plastic bag, you need to up the cubed chicken and pour the mixture above over the top of the bag. You need to marinate for 15 to 12 hours for the best results.
- Now when it comes to cooking, you need a medium wok or a sauté with a lead for the meal. Heat the oil over medium to high heat, add the marinate the chicken and cook till it is fully cooked.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, you need to keep it in a plate or a bowl and cover it with a foil paper to prevent it from getting cold.
- In the same pan, flash in some tablespoons of water and in it put the garlic and the onions. Cook them for 3 minutes or until the onion starts to turn translucent at the edges.
- Now you need to add the green beans and the red pepper. Let them cook for another 3 minutes. You need to check whether the green beans are cooked to your desired texture if not, continue adding water until they are just like you want them to be.
- After you are satisfied with how the beans are cooked, you need to add the pre-cooked chicken breast and stir them together. Cook until the chicken is hot then add the salt to taste.
- This meal is now ready to be served. You can have it with fried rice, noodles or your preferred accompaniment. For as long as you remember to invite a friend over to rate the cooking.
Is it simple right? yes, the meal is simple to cook and there is no complicated thing about it. this is a meal you can cook over the weekend or invite a friend over for a shared meal. What I noticed about the meal is that;
- If you have already tasted the string bean chicken breast at panda express like I have done, you will notice that their string bean is fully cooked and tender to eat. This might take a while if you are trying to cook the meal at home. the trick is to keep adding little water and cover until they are cooked.
- When it comes to the oil they use, you can use any oil of your choice n the cooking of the chicken. Unlike other meals where they specify the kind of oil to use, you don’t have to follow their kind of oil. Go for what you have in your kitchen when it comes to cooking your chicken breast.
- If you want to have this meal during the weekend, it is advisable to have the chicken breast marinated earlier enough. The longer you marinate the chicken, the better will be the taste and you will notice when I come to cooking. Marinate overnight if you must for the best results.
- I know you are curious to know about the nutrition content of the meal, told you earlier, there is nothing to worry about. First, one cooking is enough to serve two. A very good choice when you want to have a friend over. The number of calories is 257, low enough for your daily count, right?
Now that I have all I need to know about the meal, my bestie will be surprised when I invite her over and serve her the dish. I mean it is thanks to her that I came to know of the delicacy. The best thing to do is to thank her with my home-made meal with love.
If you want to try this at home, the meal is simple quick to make. Don’t worry about whether you have what panda express have. Get the ingredients right and follow the instructions on how to cook the meal. You will find out that string bean chicken breast at panda express is one of its kind.