If you want to cook the Panda Express Grilled Asian Chicken at home, here is the recipe. It is a favorite of many people because of its taste and uniqueness. After having this at Panda Express, many individuals would try it at home but get confused with lots of things, such as which spices to use. Cooking Chinese food is not complicated if you can follow the steps carefully. Also, you can get the sauce readymade in stores and online. That will ease your cooking. The ingredients mentioned here are all found in your kitchen.
Related articles about Panda Express Grilled Asian Chicken
1. Panda Express Feedback. Panda Express is a casual and fast growing restaurant chain which provides American Chinese cuisine.
2. Panda Express Prices. Panda Express has been running successfully for a long time. If you love their food, you should be updated with the latest prices.
The best part about the recipe is that you use fresh thighs and not cut up small pieces of chicken. If you do not know how to grill the chicken or what ingredients to use, we have got everything here.
Prepare at home to save cost, bond with family
We all know takeout is fun and simple- you just walk into Panda Express and order and they bring it in front of you. Although making Chinese dishes at home can be somewhat of a hassle, it is much healthier and you can make it for the whole family by increasing the portion size. Weeknights can be troublesome when you do not what to feed the family.
To make the meal time fun, prepare this and everyone will love your dish. Grilled Asian Chicken is easy to make but comes with some tricks such as getting the sauce at the perfect thickness and not overcooking the chicken.
- 5 pounds chicken thighs
- One-fourth cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- Two-third cup sugar
- Half teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Half teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 ounces of water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch combined with water
Panda Express Grilled Asian Chicken Preparation Instruction
- Add the oil to the chicken pieces while you oil for the grill pan to get hot. The oil we are using is canola oil.
- Carefully place the thighs on the grill. You have to grill each side for more than three minutes but less than five.
- When grilling You cannot overcook it neither leave it raw inside
- Place a pot on the stove and soy sauce, sugar, ground ginger, garlic powder and the water and let it boil.
- Ground ginger can be used in many cases and not just for grilling chicken.
- You can make a honey mixture with it, ginger liniment, syrup, medicinal vinegar, tincture, capsules, salve, oil and fizz.
- You can also make herbal jelly, compress and tea.
- When you want it boil in step 3, you should have the flame to be high. Later on, you can get it to be less once you see bubbles.
- Add the cornstarch and water mix so the cornstarch makes the mixture thick. Not does it make the sauce thick but adds a lot of glaze and shine to it. Besides the appearance, it also makes it taste better.
- Add the sauce over the chicken and serve with rice or noodles.
- While it is being grilled, you can try brushing the sauce into it.
- You can serve with a lemon wedge because that gives it a rustic look and if you are having guests over, that should make it look amazing.
The Do and Don’ts while preparing Panda Express Grilled Asian Chicken
- The chicken should not be frozen neither cold. If you are using fresh chicken thighs, that is wonderful. If you are using frozen that is good too as long as you are thawing it.
- Let it come to a normal temperature so that you can grill to perfection. The name is “grilled Asian Chicken” thus emphasis on the grilling part more than anything.
- Use Cornstarch its popular agent for thickening in cooking but adding it straightaway without mixing in cold water will make it form solids. You have to make a slurry with any cold liquid and in this case, water.
- Cornstarch is not added at the beginning because if you add it at first it will lose its thickening properties and make the sauce liquidly and thin.
- The paste should not be too runny as well. Wait for the boil before you make and add the slurry.
- Cooking cornstarch from the start will break down the starch and make the sauce thin.
- Measuring spoons can help when you are trying to make a copycat recipe of Panda Express as it will make it as similar as possible to the original restaurant. If you can get it to be as close as Panda Express, it will have a dramatic flavor.
Don’t Forget to
Cook the chicken till is ready for consumption. Don’t overcook. Never serve uncooked chicken to your family or guests. A meat thermometer is recommended.
Do not deal with the raw chicken on a wooden surface and wash your hands before you start to carry on with the cooking. Use a small bowl when mixing the oil to the chicken pieces. It will not coat the chicken properly if the bowl is too small.